Getting into Switzerland – border controls

If you are travelling as a tourist you will need a British passport at the border crossing or the airport. However if you are going to Switzerland to work you will need, in addition to your passport, a work permit (the Zusicherung der Aufenthaltsbewilligung/assurance d’autorisation de sejour et de travail). You should ask the immigration official to stamp your form to confirm the date you came to the country. If you have a non EC passport you may need to have a health check which is to ensure that you are not carrying any infectious diseases and is principally an X-ray. This is not usually required is you are from North America or Australasia.

There are no comments yet - add yours below

This helps to discourage spam