Customs Control for people moving to Switzerland

In general the Swiss authorities do not want new goods imported with you but personal effects which you have owned and used for more than 6 months are exempt from customs duties. However you will need to provide a complete list of items along with a form requesting exemption from sale tax (called VAT in the UK). The form is 18.44. Clothes are not included (thankfully!). You will also need a contract for the lease or purchase of a property or some proof of where you are living. If you are taking a vehicle you will also need the registration certificate for the vehicle. If others are going to be living with you in Switzerland you will also need copies of their passports.

There are no comments yet - add yours below

This helps to discourage spam